When it comes to hiring a band for your wedding, you need to know what you need for them to succeed. This could be anything from rentals to your music choice. Being prepared for your big day can be a small hassle, but one that is worth it when everything comes together nicely for you. Know what to give your wedding band when the day arrives and you have to be more prepared.
Things to Give the Wedding Band
There are always specifics that the wedding band is going to ask of you, as well as you ask of them. It is important to consider what you want out of their services as the day approaches. By being prepared and making sure they have everything, the day can go much smoother.
- Plan the Whole Day Out – Make sure that they know what to expect and you know what to expect. By planning everything out ahead of time, everyone is in a comfortable position.
- Give Your Music Choices Ahead of Time – Give the band your own music that you want to have played ahead of time. This will ensure that they have it on hand and can play the songs you want to have played during the times you want them to be played.
- Let Them Know What You Want Them to Say – If they’re going to be the master of ceremonies, you want them to know what to say and when to say it. They often already have somewhat of a plan, as they’ve most likely did it before, but it is always good to plan this out.
- Directions to the Venue – Make sure they know what time, day and where the venue is for the day. You want to make sure that they are there ahead of time, so they can setup and prepare.
- Find Out if They are Doing Both Ceremony and Reception Music – This is also a good thing to speak with them about. You want to know if they’re going to do both for you. You want someone that can give music throughout the whole thing.
- Seating Plans Might Be Required – Letting them know they’re welcome to the food and drinks provided, but also a seating chart, so they know where they should be presenting from or setting up at is always a good idea. Making them comfortable with their surroundings will put them in the best position.
- Anything Else They Want or Need – You want to work with them to provide the items they need to make the music at your event a success. Make sure to give the items to them and smile, it’s your big day!
Speak with a qualified professional that can work with you on all aspects of the wedding music. You want someone that you can work with, that is fun to be around and that is a professional in this line of work. You don’t want to work with someone that has never done this before, as this can cause problems. Speak with them ahead of time, know more about them and make sure they’re set to make your day even better than it is going to be.